Accredited Healthcare of America provides home healthcare services in the comfort of your own home in the Houston area. Home healthcare is usually less expensive, more convenient and just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
When is home healthcare needed?
Situations in which home healthcare is prescribed include:
- Following an inpatient hospitalization, rehabilitation, or a stay at a skilled nursing facility – to help the senior transition back to independence
- When a senior has had a recent medication change, in order to monitor for side effects and assure a new medication is effective
- When seniors experience an overall decline in functioning – in order to help them to regain independence through therapy or learning new skills to compensate for their deficit
What does home healthcare include?
The professionals of Accredited Healthcare of America are highly trained and provide a broad range of home healthcare services such as:
- Skilled nursing services
- Therapies such as occupational, physical or speech
- Administration of medications, including injections
- Intravenous or nutrition therapy
- Medical tests
- Monitoring of health status
- Wound care
How is home healthcare paid for?
Since it is considered medical care, home healthcare is covered by medical insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Covered by Medicare when prescribed by a physician
- Medicaid for qualified individuals
- Private pay (in rare cases when home health care is not prescribed, but a senior desires such services)
If your doctor or referring healthcare provider decides you need home healthcare, they should give you a list of agencies that serve your area. They must tell you whether their organization has a financial interest in any agency listed.
The majority of people prefer to recover in the comfort of home rather than a hospital or skilled nursing facility. Our home healthcare services allow you to do just that by providing support ranging from a bit of assistance to nursing and therapy services.