Dan C. and Family
Considering Houston hospice care?
Considering Houston hospice care in Houston?
Hospice care is provided to patients with an advanced, life-limiting illness or injury. The focus shifts from curative to that of comfort, and care is provided that supports the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of patients and their families. At the heart of hospice care is the belief that each of us has the right to end our journey comfortably and with dignity, and that our families will receive the necessary support to allow us to do so.
Why Accredited Healthcare of America?
We consider it an honor to provide this specialized care to the residents of the greater Houston area. We consistently provide quality care based on individualized patient care plans that are created with the patient, family and healthcare professionals.
Levels of Care
ROUTINE HOME CARE
- Registered Nurse/case manager visits
- Certified nurse aide visits to assist with personal care
- Medical staff on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- One-on-one care provided in the home setting for brief periods of crisis for pain control and acute symptom management
INPATIENT RESPITE CARE
- Allows for the patient to be placed in an inpatient setting for up to five days to give family/caregiver relief and prevent caregiver fatigue
- Hospice coordinates care with inpatient team to ensure continuity of care
GENERAL INPATIENT CARE
- Temporary inpatient care in a hospital, when necessary, to treat pain or other acute symptoms, when routine home care or continuous care is not sufficient
- A team member coordinates care with hospital staff
- Aimed at making the patient comfortable, then transitioning back to home setting
Accredited Hospices of America has received accredation by the Joint Commission, which is recognized nationally as the Gold Seal of Approval in Helthcare.