Dan C. and Family
Considering Houston hospice care?
Considering Houston hospice care in Houston?
Hospice care is provided to patients with an advanced, life-limiting illness or injury. The focus shifts from curative to that of comfort, and care is provided that supports the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of patients and their families. At the heart of hospice care is the belief that each of us has the right to end our journey comfortably and with dignity, and that our families will receive the necessary support to allow us to do so.
We are keeping up to date as the Coronavirus situation updates.
Here is our full guide concerning the virus and what you can do: Coronavirus Full Guide
Now that the vaccine is being distributed you can find a full list of providers here: Covid-19 Vaccine Providers
To keep up to date with developments visit our blog for more details: Blog
Levels of Care
ROUTINE HOME CARE
- Registered Nurse/case manager visits
- Certified nurse aide visits to assist with personal care
- Medical staff on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- One-on-one care provided in the home setting for brief periods of crisis for pain control and acute symptom management
INPATIENT RESPITE CARE
- Allows for the patient to be placed in an inpatient setting for up to five days to give family/caregiver relief and prevent caregiver fatigue
- Hospice coordinates care with inpatient team to ensure continuity of care
GENERAL INPATIENT CARE
- Temporary inpatient care in a hospital, when necessary, to treat pain or other acute symptoms, when routine home care or continuous care is not sufficient
- A team member coordinates care with hospital staff
- Aimed at making the patient comfortable, then transitioning back to home setting
Accredited Hospices of America has received accreditation by the Joint Commission, which is recognized nationally as the Gold Seal of Approval in Healthcare.