Accredited Hospices of America in Houston, Texas is a leading provider of hospice care and our goal is to provide the best and most comprehensive hospice care services available. Hospice care is not a standardized service; therefore, hospices cannot, and do not, provide the same level of care. We are different from other hospices in the Houston area because of our dedication to excellence and the inclusion of families in our care plans.
Why Choose Us?
- We provide the best medical team, including physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, social workers, chaplains and certified nursing aids
- Our staff places the highest priority on patient care and dedication to excellence.
- Our nurses have experience caring for hospice patients and their families
- Many hospices use contract labor, WE DO NOT
- We work with hospitals, doctors and facilities in coordinating patient care
- We provide the highest quality medical equipment at no additional cost to the family and patient
- Hospice is a benefit that is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance companies and has been accumulated over a lifetime
- We will provide hospice care wherever you need or choose, in your home or in a facility of your choice
- Our care plans are tailored to meet your unique health situation and is discussed with you and your family and caregivers
Patients and their families have the right to choose which hospice best meets their needs. The choice of a hospice care provider is YOURS to make, not the choice of anyone else, not even your physician or hospital. The Patient Self Determination Act of 1990 provides for you to make determinations regarding your healthcare. No other entity should or can make these decisions for you. Managing your health care is one of the most important decisions you will make. should select a hospice after being presented with all of the options available to you. These decisions should not be rushed or coerced. No one else should tell you which hospice to use. If you select Accredited Hospices of America, we will coordinate with your physician or the physician of your choice. Your physician can continue to oversee your care with our hospice, or your care can be managed by our dedicated physicians and medical team.
There are various levels of hospice care. Routine hospice care can be provided in the patient’s home or in a facility of their choice, such as a skilled nursing facility. Respite care is provided in a facility, enabling the family to rest. Continuous Care, can be provided for extended periods of time, when deemed medically necessary by our Medical Director.
Our team of compassionate and professionals are focused on the patient, in providing physical, mental, emotional and spiritual support.
Hospice care is not a last minute decision you should make for you or your loved ones, it is the most critical decision for a loved one with an advanced illness. Choose hospice care early while the quality of life can be elevated by this specialized care. Making this decision before it’s absolutely necessary gives peace to the family and comfort to our patients.
Hospice is a benefit that is available to you through insurance, usually at no cost and can be started when a serious illness is diagnosed so that quality of life can be addressed early on. Hospice is a benefit that has been accumulated over a lifetime. The goal of hospice is to provide a quality life, making the best of each day.