PRN RN or LVN Opportunities
Accredited Hospices of America – Houston, TX
FAST GROWING, HIGHEST RATED HOSPICE COMPANY IN GREATER HOUSTON AREA
Accredited Hospices of America is the leading provider of hospice services in the Greater Houston Area. We have been providing trusted and comprehensive hospice care for over a decade. Our interdisciplinary hospice team strives to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of patients with life-limiting illnesses, and their families. We provide exceptional medical expertise combined with the respect, dignity, and support every patient and their family needs and deserves. The care we provide helps people with advanced illnesses reclaim the spirit of life and make the most of the life that remains.
PRN Continuous Care RN and LVN
- Provides round-the-clock, one-on-one professional nursing care to hospice patients with uncontrolled symptoms
- Scheduled shifts ranging from 4 to 12 hours
- Completes thorough clinical assessments at each and every visit
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of patient/family/caregiver needs
- Counsels patient and family on plan of care
- Follow plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the Interdisciplinary Team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Manageable patient caseload which allows for:
- Time for meaningful interactions with patients and families, enabling you to truly make a difference in people’s lives.
- Work-life balance
- Management that doesn’t expect more of you than they are willing to give themselves
- Satisfaction of helping and teaching patient families to care for the people they love
- Knowing you provide comfort for and help preserve the dignity of people at the end of their journey
PRN with possibility of moving to full-time with benefits
- Private residences, hospitals, nursing homes, ALS, memory care units, personal care homes etc. in the Houston-area and surrounding communities
- Demonstrates excellent observation and problem solving skills
- Utilizes excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be dependable and flexible is essential
- Must be able to work occasional weekends
- Must be able to participate in on-call in rotation
- Must have a reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance
- Demonstrates acceptance of patients within a wide range of socioeconomic levels, backgrounds and religions
- RN or LVN license in good standing in the State of Texas
- 2 year associate’s degree from accredited college or 4 year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $50,563.00 – $82,693.00 per year
As a preventative measure, our office provides for social distancing, and observation of mandated requirements. We have adequate PPE for all the staff members, and extensive infection control education and Covid-19 preparedness.