Assisting You and Your Patients
Accredited Hospices of America is a premiere hospice provider in our community. We offer the most comprehensive hospice and bereavement care available in Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria, and Waller counties. Click here for our complete coverage area
Our experienced staff includes physicians, compassionate nursing professionals, social workers, chaplains and specially trained volunteers. We partner with you to offer full-spectrum hospice care staff who are on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.
You have access to our expert services that include:
- Our Medical Directors have extensive experience in Hospice and Pallative Care
- Available for consultation regarding hospice, palliative, and bereavement care
- Maintaining clear, effective, ongoing communication
Serve as a resource to which you may refer patients and families
Companionship and respite care for caregivers by hospice-trained volunteers
Accredited Hospices of America works closely with healthcare professionals in hospitals, assisted living, and nursing facilities. To facilitate smooth and timely transition to hospice care – from both a healthcare and an administrative standpoint. Upon receiving your referral, our admissions team responds within a two hour time frame or more quickly as indicated to meet the needs of the patient.
When is the Right Time for Referral?
Consider Accredited Hospices of America When:
- Your patient has an advanced illness
- Your patient is declining
- Your patient and family request are considering hospice care
Signs of Decline May Include:
- Significant weight loss despite efforts to support dietary intake
- Hospitalization more than once in the last several months
- The patient is increasingly less independent, needs more help
- Their primary illness is progressing more rapidly despite interventions
- The patient is withdrawing from family and/or caregivers
- The patient is sleeping increasingly longer periods during the day
- Multiple co-morbid conditions are worsening or developing
If uncertainty exists or the patient and family need further discussion of the Hospice approach, we are here to help. Please contact us if you would like to make a referral or if we may assist you in any way.